Trying to figure out if you have enough time to make it to the next shelter or not? Here is a little trick to help you estimate how much time you have left in the day. Pretty sweet!
- How Are Your Swimming Skills? — One of the most neglected areas of survival preparation is that of water safety training. According to the American Red Cross, only half of adults in the United States can perform the essential skills they would need to survive in the event of a water emergency. These critical skills could ultimately save lives. Certain swimming [...]
- Your GPS Just Broke, Now What? — In the modern world more and more people are dependent upon their electronic devices to get them from point A to point B. But what happens when those devices stop working? It can happen either through a natural cause such as a geomagnetic storm, or something man-made like electromagnetic pulse (EMP), a terrorist [cyber] attack, [...]
- Navigation Tricks — Getting lost is one of the primary reasons that people find themselves in a survival situation in the outdoors. It can happen to anyone, anywhere; but it’s much more likely to occur when someone fails to keep track of their location, or when navigation skills are lacking. Getting lost can be a preventable problem, if [...]
- Living in Your Car… — ——What to do for Food When it comes to food, there are many options when living in your car. -Canned Foods: There are canned foods such as beans, pastas, and tuna. Have a can opener ready or preferably have an easy to open top. That makes things much easier. -Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches: These [...]
- Cities…..A Prepper’s Nightmare ... — If you live in a city – buckle up. As a prepper you will have to work extra hard to make your emergency plan viable. And while I make no judgments on city dwellers, I must say – MOVE! For your own safety – MOVE! Move, move, move, move, move. Okay. I think I got [...]