One of the things about mead is that you can really do what ever you want. It sometimes becomes confusing for newbies in the mead world to figure out what recipes to do. Well I can assure you this is a great mead recipe. This is a ginger mead, so get ready for a bit of spice.
3 oz ginger
1 cup white grape juice
Juice and zest of 1 orange
Juice and zest of 1 lemon
Juice and zest of 1 lime
3 lbs of honey
1 teaspoon pectic enzyme
1 package of champagne yeast
1 teaspoon yeast nutrient
1.5 cups of orange juice
- Put ginger, grape juice, juices and zest into a container
- Boil the honey in the water (1 part honey 2 parts water)
- Pour honey mixture into the 2 galloon container and let cool
- Add pectic enzme and enough water to make 1 gallon
- Add yeast and yeast nutrient as well as orange juice
- Mix in with everything else.
- Ferment for 3 months
- Rack and then let it ferment for 6 months
- Bottle, then let it bottle for about 6 months before you drink.